Sunday, September 1, 2019

Day 27 Error 9

August

Good 






Morning!

Woke up to a downpour, had to jump out of the sack to cover Barkley with the storm tent.

The sleeping bag floor cover I was under saved me from getting soaked, but I had to jump back in after the Barkley Res he mission and brought half the beach with me. Not nice but better than getting drenched.




Sad Sunflower

Broken down again, error code 9. Either the controller is fried or something has shook loose in the ewheel.

There's an electric bike shop 8 km away, maybe I can get to that by the time it opens tomorrow.

As luck would have it 2 women cycled up to me and asked if I had problems.  They were very helpful and took my bike back to their home and let me stay the night. They rent part of their house out as it a holiday area. I'm not complaining as they let me stay for free, anyway €95 for the first night and 65 after that would be too steep for me, but apparently cheap for the area. They have all the tools to take a look at the bike but getting the back wheel on and off is a two man job so I think I'll wait until tomorrow to speak to this bike repair man they know of. Hopefully it's an easy repair and not the controller like I fear. Will have to wait and see, but for now I think I'm going to recover some energy.

Alo, made some vegitarian food, it was delicious. Garlic fried potatoes and Salad with Apple, avocardo and zucchini + many other bits of wholesomeness with a homemade dressing, it was quite simply the best vegitarian meal I'd ever had.

They have made me feel very welcome here  I'm in deep gratitude, virtually giving me the run of the house. 

I've managed to take the wheel off the bike and noticed something rattling around. I'll see better when I take it to the bike shop Monday, tomorrow.

If the bike cannot be repaired I will go with them to the train station, sad as it may be, my journey will end here.

Tonight's camp.



Beautiful house.

Washed and fed, time for bed.

Goodnight.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments