Saturday, August 17, 2019

Day 12

Saturday 17th August

Good morning. Its taken me an hour or so to pack up after the owner of the woods walked past me on his way to do a spot of hunting with his dog. He wished me goodmorning and we chatted for a while then I set about organising breakfast. Finnish traditional brown bread with locally produced Swedish honey. Fantastic.
Barkley was bitten by a tick so emergency surgery was successfully administered.

John Tiffin

Nice English guy I met as we ate meatballs and charged the battery outsider a local supermarket. Told me all I needed to know about my battery as he used to work for a company who made them


Martin Andersson  ICA Nära Bestorp. Let me charge my battery outside his supermarket.




Google maps let me down again. Choosing directions to a destination while using a bike avoids all roads if possible and detours you onto rough terrain, farm tracks and woodland trails. From now on I'm going to try choosing the car route while avoiding motorways.

Flat tire due to rough terrain. Had to pitch up in an old shed to fix up, raining like crazy. 

The tire was destroyed, a big 2 inch gash down the side due to Google's off road shortcut. Used shoe goo on it in the hope it gets me to a place that sells them. 

Bad day today, haven't travelled far. Time for bed.

Goodnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments