Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Day 15 hitchhiker

Tuesday 20th August

Up early this morning, need to make some ground. Also need to watch the pennies.

Just going to pop into Asda, I mean Åseda :)


Making good time. 
Thanks to Johanna from Frendo in Åsdea for helping me continue this journey back to England.

My distance is hampered by the battery. Long recharge times. Currently been sat waiting in the aforementioned petrol station for over 2 hours now. I just want to get moving again . After a look at the map, there's nothing between me and the next city unless i take a detour, I don't want to risk the battery taking me the whole way, 50km





It's about as exciting as it gets while driving on the main roads.

Oh dear, 


So I ended up on a dual carriageway, that turned into a single lane. Eighteen wheel lorry's sneaking past me. Though I was legally allowed on these roads it was still embarrassing to see a 4 km hold up trail behind me and at times down right scary as the impatient trucks crawled past me. We came to a turn off where the lorry drivers could use the toilet or just park up for lunch. I got speaking to a couple about an alternative route when I spotted a parked up lorry used for transporting earth and the like. I thought maybe I could ask him to put my bike in the back, what can be say but no. The guy, Joel was cool and he and the other guy helped me lift the bike into the back, dropping me off at mine and his destination, Växjö.

Hi nice couple, if you read this please leave your names in the comments, I forgot to ask.

Back of the trailer

In Joel's cabin just as it began raining hard.

Joel, he was cool. By the way Joel, I hope you read this before your boss gets to you. Shortly after you left he asked me what I was doing on privet property.  I said that I'd just been dropped off, and he wanted to know who by. I wouldn't tell him in case you got into trouble. He was asking way too many questions, and if I'm honest he didn't seem a very likeable person.


Drop off point, just outside Växjö

Google mapped nearest bar to charge the battery and ended up in " Stars and Stripes" thanks for that!

New t door was a eat all you can Chinese, Japanese, Mongolian buffet. This has to be the best buffet I've ever been to. No corners cut top nosh food and drink. 20 € .





Back to the village roads tomorrow, may be slower but so much more fun.



Goodnight.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments