Thursday, August 15, 2019

Day 2

Tuesday 6th August.

Back at the ferry with ticket in hand. Parked the bike in the car section and headed up stairs to my cabin. After storing my bags and battery I headed up to the top deck. 






Wednesday 7th August
Arrived in Stockholm and headed for the train station but was told to return the next day to see if it would be possible to get my bike on the train to Malmö. Spoke with a very helpful worker who found me a hostel place, and met a Swedish women who randomly approached me and spoke at length about my dog and bike. She wanted me to stay a few days to show me the city but not having time I pressed on to the hostel. The hostel was closed when I arrived but I had the fortune t bump into a young man from London who helped me find alternative accommodation. Though he was super nice and helpful we were unable to find anywhere that didn't need a mortgage for a night's rest of one that would allow Barkley in the room.
We both ended up sleeping under a table with my emergency storm tent thrown ver the top, it fit perfectly to make a great temporary tent while it thundered and lightened.
Woke up the next day and was approached by a foreign Swedish guy wanting to borrow tools to fix his bike. I lent him some bits and after a while went over to see what the problem with his bike was. It was clear that he wasn't fixing the bike but hacking away at the lock. I asked him why he was stealing the bike and I wanted no part of it so he returned my tools, adamant he had lost the key.
I hung around as approached 3 different people to ask them to call the police. The first was a guy who just shrugged his shoulders and continued to walk past. The second was a women who said she didn't have time. I said , what if it was your bike, but she just replied that if she had time when she got home then she'd call them. The third was a big fat guy who pretended to call the police as he walked away, all the time the thief moping about in the background waiting for the coast to be clear so he could continue his illegal act. I hung around for another hour or so before giving up and leaving for the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments